- Mundipharma will distribute Medifoam®, an innovative moist wound dressing, in China in early 2015
- This marks a key milestone in the rapid brand expansion of Medifoam® (also known as BETAplastTM in South East Asia) in East Asia by Mundipharma
- Medifoam® is currently one of the top moist wound dressing products in South Korea
14 January 2015, Singapore – Mundipharma today announced its planned distribution of Medifoam® in China starting early 2015, marking a key milestone in the company’s plan to rapidly expand the innovative moist wound dressing product’s reach in East Asia and South East Asia. Medifoam® was also launched recently in Malaysia, Thailand and Vietnam.
The Medifoam® foam range has the smallest compact micropore (opening) at the dressing contact layer that provides faster* wound healing and less pain during dressing change.1,2,3
One of the top products of its kind in South Korea, Medifoam® will be available in China in multiple foam dressing formats suitable for chronic wounds, burns and post-surgery wound care.
The expansion of the Medifoam® brand in China is part of a larger agreement signed by Mundipharma and Genewel in March 2014, for the licensing and marketing of Medifoam® moist wound dressing products by Mundipharma in Asia Pacific, the Middle East, Africa and Latin America.
“We are very excited to be bringing South Korea’s leading wound treatment technology to the region,” noted Peter Wang, General Manager, Greater China, Mundipharma. “It will help elevate the quality of current wound care treatments available in China to another level.”
Raman Singh, President, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East and Africa, Mundipharma also added that “Medifoam®’s expansion to China is a major step in our plans to better serve patients all over East Asia and South East Asia. Since its launches in South East Asia earlier this year we have significantly grown the reach of this innovative product from its original base in Korea and look forward to expanding it even further. “
*compared to Vaseline gauze and other foams
- Kim DH et al. The Treatment of Donor sites Wound Using Foam Dressing Material. J Kor Soc Traumatol. 2002;15(1):1-7.
- Park YO, et al. The Effect of Medifoam® (Hydrophilic Polyurethane Foam) Dressing In Split Thickness Skin Graft Donor Site. J Korean Soc Plast Reconstr Surg. 2002; 29(4):297-301.
- Lim SA, et al. Comparison of Usual Applicating Foam Dressing Materials in Split Thickness Skin Graft Donor Site. J Korean Burn Society 2003; 6, No. 1.
The Mundipharma network of independent associated companies consists of privately owned companies and joint ventures covering the world’s pharmaceutical markets. These companies are committed to bringing to patients the benefits of pioneering treatment options in the core therapy areas of oncology, pain, respiratory and rheumatoid arthritis.
For more information please visit: http://www.mundipharma.com.sgTags: press releases